Monday, December 15, 2008

What a week

One more fairly ridiculous work week to go and then things should ease up a bit.

Training Update
Had a good week last week training wise...in that it felt great because I was super fresh at every session I did. I think one of the key things regarding training and coaching is knowing when not to train and what not to do...it's as important as the 'when' and the 'what' of training.

Love Hate Relationship with my Job
One of the things that I love about my job is that I get to work with lots of different athletes from lots of different sports. I get to work with lots of individuals and teams and I get to experience all the different dynamics that go with individual sports as well as team sports. These are so different...teams are not just a collection of individuals...team sport has a very different dynamic to it. What am I rambling on about I hear you ask....well I just read this paragraph back to myself and I'm wondering that myself...what I was trying to get around to saying is that...it is good to work with lots of individuals and teams because you get many chances to share their joy in victory.

The flip side of that...is that some weekends I feel like crap because I have weekends where I feel all the losses...and they always hurt just as bad now as they did when I first started working.

If you've been involved in sport either as an individual or as part of a team...think about how bad you felt when you lost...then think how that would feel if you multiplied it by 3 or 4 teams and 15-20 individuals a weekend...that's the bit I hate.

Anyway...suffice to say...I had a weekend a bit on the crap side...with more losses than wins...I think I need a full time sports psychologist...for me that is...because I am such a bad loser.

2 Day Seminar
I have also been working on my '2 day seminar'...and it is coming together quite well. It is something that I've been thinking about for a long time and it is a bit of a coming together of all the presentations and seminars that I've given in the past and I think it is going to be truly unique...in the real sense of the word...rather than just in the usual 'marketing bullshit' sense of the word. I am going to set a date for it before Christmas and it will go ahead even if 1 person shows up...I'll hope for more...but I'll settle for 1.

The Blog this Week
I'm going to continue cleaning up my task list, to do list and the list of promises I made to people regarding info and posts that I said I would come back to that I haven't...so if you are very lucky you might even get something of interest out of me this week.

3 comments:

Joel Hallström said...

Well im sure as hell coming, so you got one!

kira said...

Do one of your 'quality' videos of the seminar and I'll buy it

:)

Will Heffernan said...

Joel Hallström said...
Well im sure as hell coming, so you got one!
You'll be more that welcome. Naturally I think it will be really good...of course I'd say that...but I have thought about this for a long time and I think for no other reason than the fact that it is going to be such a completely different format from any seminar/workshop I have ever been to or heard about that it will be worth being at for no other reason than the novelty value.

kira said...
Do one of your 'quality' videos of the seminar and I'll buy it
I am thinking about doing that as well...setting a few cameras up and capturing as much footage as possible then seeing if it can be edited down into a format worth putting out there. I am not sure that the format is going to lend itself to what you are suggesting...we'll see what happens.