Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 28-35

Had an easy week last week to allow a few niggles to clear up. This week is going to be a much heavier week training wise. I am going to do a lot more 'off mat' conditioning work this week.

I'll weigh in tonight at training and report back and let you know how my weight is going...like I said...I want to stay at or around 110kg until the new year. Just to give my body a bit of a chance to adjust. I'll drop from 110kg to 105kg in January and then stick at or around 105kg for 2 weeks. I then want to drop to 100kg in the 6 weeks to follow. So...my target is to be walking around at 100kg by the end of March. I think that would be pretty close to my 'optimal' fighting weight. We'll see how close I get to that target on the 1st of April.

Training Log
Monday
Bike - 25 min...average HR 145bpm.
Bike - 25 min...average HR 132bpm.

No MMA training tonight...I had a crash on my BICYCLE...I am highlighting the word bicycle because whenever I tell people I crashed my bike they think that I must be like Bruce Willis's character David Dunn in Unbreakable. Anyway...thankfully nothing is broken but my water bottle...I just lost a good bit of skin and a bit of a chunk out of my hip...it'll be fine though. Won't keep me from training tomorrow.

Tuesday
Bike - 24.30 min...average HR 150bpm.
Rower - Warm Up 4x500m with 1 min recovery.
Lower Body Mobility and Flexibility work.
Rower - 3x4min intervals with 1 min recovery...1159m, 1102m, 1108m.
Bike - 36 min...average 136bpm.
Bike - 24.45 min average HR 135bpm.
Bike - 34.15...average HR 140bpm.
MMA Training - 2.5hrs.
Bike - 21.30...average HR 135bpm.
Run - 4min42sec - average HR 160bpm.

Had a great days training today...the only issue was the fact that we focused on left leg kicks and training tonight so I was kicked in and on my right side all night which happened to be the side that I smashed up yesterday when I had my fall and slide on the tarmac off my bicycle...will have an easier day tomorrow and then a heavier day on Thursday.

Wednesday
Bike - 27 min...average HR 136bpm.
Bike - 17.30 min...average HR 123bpm.

Thursday
Bike - 24 min...average HR 148bpm.
Bike - 23 min...average HR 116bpm.

Friday
Bike - 27 min...average HR 146bpm.
Warmed Up...did some hip mobility work.
Front Squats - 2 warm up sets of 8 reps with 50kg then 5 work sets of 5 reps at 90kg.
DB RDL's - 3 sets of 12 reps with 80kg.
Hi-Lo Woodchoppers - 3 sets of 12 reps on each side with 100lbs.
Trying to remember what I did here...I'll have to ask Damian as I forget.
Push Ups - 5 sets of my poor poor max with 2 mins between efforts.
Inverted Rows - 1 set of 15 reps and 4 sets of 10 reps.
Lo-Hi Woodchoppers - 3 sets of 12 reps on each side with 100lbs.
Bike - 20 min...average HR 132bpm.

Saturday
Had an easy day today did a few rounds punching others and being punched.

Sunday
Good session today...didn't take the details down as I went...it was really just a maintenance session comprising of a good warm up, some mobility work, then an ab/trunk circuit of about 6 exercises, some lat pulldowns and push ups, high rep RDL's, calf raises, cable bicep and tricep work then finished with some rowing intervals and stretching.

Really just keeping things ticking over with my own training while I'm busy with work at the moment. Things are quiet fight training wise over the Xmas/New Years break but I'm going to go to all the sessions that are on. Looking forward to getting back into a regular schedule in the New Year already.

4 comments:

Michael Sullivan said...

100KG Would put you at about what body fat %? 8ish assuming you don't lose any muscle mass?

Will Heffernan said...

Michael Sullivan said...
100KG Would put you at about what body fat %? 8ish assuming you don't lose any muscle mass?
Good question...I don't know actually. I am actually just taking a rough guess based on experience regarding how much fat I have left. I'm sure I will have lost some muscle mass as well but I can live with that. Lyle would probably be able to take a better stab at it.

Angelo Pollice said...

So when are you going to post some vids which show you sparring? :D

Barry Oglesby said...

There's one of Will wrestling with a guy half his size from his second night training, but I don't think it would be fair to post that as he's a) slimmer, and b) better now.

I'll vid something over christmas and stick it up here.