Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 22-27

It is going to be an extremely busy working week this week so I'm not expecting to have much of a chance to add much to the blog. I will keep my training diary up to date but won't get a chance to do much else...just warning you so you can feel free to switch channels this week and waste your time reading something else online.

I did do a video fat log update this morning...the one posted below obviously. I'm taking a guess that I'll be weighing in somewhere around the 110kg mark tonight at training...another kilogram or two down this week again.

Day 22...I weighed in at 110.1kg tonight at training.

So Day 1...117.3kg...Day 8...113.7kg...Day 15...111.4kg and today...110.1kg. So all in all I am pretty happy with the rate of fat/weight loss.

Feeling great training wise. My strength hasn't dropped much if at all...subjectively speaking...haven't tested it but just going by feel weight training wise. My conditioning has improved massively though and I feel that in everything that I do from riding my bicycle to work to actual 'on mat' training. So all is going well so far.

Training Log
Monday
2.5hrs of MMA Training...had a relatively easy day...other than the MMA training.

Tuesday
2.5hrs of MMA Training.

Wednesday
I did some really light cardio and a bucket load of stretching, mobility and stability work...about 90 minutes worth in total.

Thursday
1hr of MMA Training.

Friday
Rest Day.

Saturday
1hr20mins of light work in the gym. A mixture of 1km rows and stretching and mobility work in 10 minute block...did 6 in total then 5 sets of 5 neutral grip pull ups and 10 MMA push ups. Followed by some heavy bicep and tricep work...because every session should include some gunz.

30min hard bike ride...just a good blow out.

Sunday
Rest day today as well.

Enjoyed my easy week this week. Needed it to freshen up a little and to allow a few little niggles to clear up...which they have. Looking forward to throwing myself into a good heavy week in the week to come.

16 comments:

lylemcd said...

There are visible differences, fat boy, you should take stills and put them side by side.

Sarah says you have big nipples

Lyle

lylemcd said...

Sorry, correction, she didn't say big, she said they were far apart.

Will Heffernan said...

Far apart? I was more comfortable with the 'big nipple' comment.

I'm pretty happy with my current rate of fat loss. I think 1-2kgs a week should get me wear I want to be body composition wise in the not too distant future.

I will take some standard stills when I do the next video in a couple of weeks and from the first video and see how it looks then.

Michael Sullivan said...

Good work mate. I expect even more progress in all areas once your workload decreases.

Will Heffernan said...

Michael Sullivan said...
Good work mate. I expect even more progress in all areas once your workload decreases.
So do I. Someone was actually telling me that I'd probably made the biggest gains already...which just made me once again realise how clueless some people are. I think the changes in body composition will actually start to really increase come the end of January for several reasons:
1. I will actually have more time to invest in training.

2. I currently miss on average 1 or 2 whole nights sleep a week...and have a good few other nights where I get maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep at most...and that can't be helping...and that won't be the case come February.

3. I actually am just in the process of getting 'fit to train' and I think things will really start motoring once I have another month of training under my belt.

4. I think I am getting a better handle on my diet. Still a lot of tweaking to do but I at the very least are able to start seeing what the problems are and can start trying different solutions to see what works best.

lylemcd said...

Couple of things

1. I'd put you up in the high teens, maybe as low as 15% (outline of abs, upper blocks just starting to push through the lard).

Go get it measured, fitness coach. IF you're not assessing, you're guessing, or so I've heard

2. An odd thing that happens with fat loss, often the first 2 weeks folks don't see much change. Then it does accelerate (esp. when they are fatties like you), folks will see nothing for 2-4 weeks and then wake up BAM and be way leaner/lighter.

At least until it starts grinding to a fucking halt 6-8 weeks into the diet as their bodies fight back.

Will Heffernan said...

lylemcd said...
Couple of things

1. I'd put you up in the high teens, maybe as low as 15% (outline of abs, upper blocks just starting to push through the lard).

Go get it measured, fitness coach. IF you're not assessing, you're guessing, or so I've heard
I have been. Last had them done on Friday. Supposedly 19%. I just don't put much stock in them. If I could do them on myself I would.

2. An odd thing that happens with fat loss, often the first 2 weeks folks don't see much change. Then it does accelerate (esp. when they are fatties like you), folks will see nothing for 2-4 weeks and then wake up BAM and be way leaner/lighter.

At least until it starts grinding to a fucking halt 6-8 weeks into the diet as their bodies fight back.
I don't really feel like I am on a diet. During the week I just don't 'pig out' and consume the majority of my calories around my training. On the weekends I pretty much just eat and drink what I want.

I did a significant amount of feeding Friday night through to last night and have done something similar every weekend since I started.

I works out well for me because I am very much an 'all or nothing' person...I either train hard or don't train at all...and nutrition for me is the same...I find it far easier to be 'strict' all week then 'let go' on the weekend then be 'moderate' 7 days a week.

Angelo Pollice said...

Definitely some visible changes.

nice work will.


Will heffernan said...
I works out well for me because I am very much an 'all or nothing' person...I either train hard or don't train at all...and nutrition for me is the same...I find it far easier to be 'strict' all week then 'let go' on the weekend then be 'moderate' 7 days a week.

I used to be that way as well, 'strict' and 'all or nothing'.
But I'm not so anymore, my training and results haven't changed that much as did my psychological welbeing. Every person is different though.

Will Heffernan said...

Thanks for the support.

Anonymous said...

Hey fuck face your looking great!
Keep up the good work!
Hard to believe at 43 you can do things like this well done.

Will Heffernan said...

Anonymous said...
Hey fuck face your looking great!
Keep up the good work!
Hard to believe at 43 you can do things like this well done.
Don't use that sort of language here...it's 'you're looking great' not 'your looking great'. There's never a good reason for bad spelling.

Barry Oglesby said...

Will you're 43? We all had you down for 50 or so.

Will Heffernan said...

Barry,
As long as I still look younger than you I suppose it doesn't really matter how old I am.

lylemcd said...

How old is Will's wife? Because the rule is that you're only as old as the women you're sleeping with.

Anonymous

Will Heffernan said...

lylemcd said...
How old is Will's wife? Because the rule is that you're only as old as the women you're sleeping with.
My wife is the last women in the world that would ever sleep with me...so I guess I'll just remain 'age indeterminate'.

Anonymous said...

very sorry on the spelling old man!!!!!