Friday, November 14, 2008

Yet more fictious athletes..

...I spent part of my day today with an athlete...who to protect his anonymity I will just call Barry Oglesby that I'm going to work with from Monday onwards in preparation for his next MMA fight next year.

The first step in this 'Body by Will and Beating by Barry' process is a full screening with Dave Lyons the physiotherapist that I work closest with. I will get around to detailing this screening protocol at some time in the future. The detail isn't that important suffice to say that it is a head to toe and back to head again procedure that has been developed to find any problems/injuries that athletes might be trying to hide....WE FIND EVERYTHING...even the stuff you didn't know you had.


This is the last bit...where we play the Rocky 'training montage' music...and instead of steroids we inject Barry with a set of hamstrings.

I'll talk to Barry on Monday and if he's OK with it I'll detail how I intend on putting Humpty Dumpty back together again...or I might just leave it to him to detail in his own blog and link to it here so people get an athletes opinion of my make believe training programs and advice.

8 comments:

Barry Oglesby said...

If I'd have known you were taking photos I would have left my hair down.

Feel free to blog about it, and I'll go along with the fictitious training by fictitiously doing it.

garrett said...

Where do you buy your hamstrings ?

Barry Oglesby said...

As you can tell from that photo, I haven't bought mine yet. Haven't bought any calves either.

garrett said...

Coming soon to a leg near you !

Barry Oglesby said...

In other news, those shorts were snug.

Will Heffernan said...

Barry Oglesby said...
If I'd have known you were taking photos I would have left my hair down.
It looks better 'natural'...I think you always look like you'vr made too big an effort at training.

Feel free to blog about it, and I'll go along with the fictitious training by fictitiously doing it.
Don't worry...I'm as fictitiously committed to helping you as you are committed to doing it.

garrett said...
Where do you buy your hamstrings ?

Barry Oglesby said...
As you can tell from that photo, I haven't bought mine yet. Haven't bought any calves either.
Niether of you two could afford the hamstrings and calves that you need.

Barry Oglesby said...
In other news, those shorts were snug.
They would have been snug if you actually had the legs to fill them out

garrett said...

I am saving up at the mo

Barry Oglesby said...

Shave those pegs and I could model tights.