Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm fighting on the 15th of June 2009

Put it in your calendar. The fight is going to be in Lowell MA in the USA and I'm fighting Carl Valle who is a coach of Olympians, SEC Footballers, All Stars in several sports as well as High School track champions.

Carl Valle said....
I challenge you to a boxing fight next summer for a boxing on June 15th. You are the boxing strength coach and make so much money being a guru so you should be ready to go. We will be in Lowell MA and we will video this.


I love to have something to train for...so stay tuned.

It Gets Better and Better
So now after some negotiating...I'm not going to be boxing after all. I'm going to be fighting two guys at the same time and it will be under the rules governing MMA in Massachusetts. I haven't been so excited or so motivated to train for something in such a long time.

The bit that I love about it is that it will also give me a chance to post more about training for MMA. I actually do work with a number of boxers and mixed martial artist of different varieties and it will give me more of opportunity to engage more with them on their own terms.

I have also had a large number of emails from people involved in MMA in the US who have made very generous offers to help me prepare for the date. You'd actually be surprised how many coaches have to put up with people talking shit about them on the internet. Coaches who just wished they were given the opportunity that I've been presented with who want to do absolutely everything they can to help me out...funny that.

I wonder if there will be a similar group of internet bullshit artists who will all put their shoulders to the wheel and combine the knowledge they gathered from all the athletes they've 'worked with' to prepare the lads as well as I am going to prepare...lets hope so.

Fight Update
The lads who are fighting me are taking care of the organisation...the date, time, location and the referee...all I have to do is show up.

I've suggested the 4th of July...mainly because as we all know...the 4th of July is celebrated in the US to this day in memory of the day that Rock Balboa went 12 rounds with Apollo Creed the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Are you on crack?

Anonymous said...

oh my god. has this guy seen you fight before? the only thing i was thankful for during the battle of tramco was that you and cillian weren't there to make things so much worse. i hope he's got insurance whoever he is.

garrett said...

absolute gold!!

Will Heffernan said...

Lisa said...
Are you on crack?
You'd think that...but no.

Anonymous said...
oh my god. has this guy seen you fight before? the only thing i was thankful for during the battle of tramco was that you and cillian weren't there to make things so much worse. i hope he's got insurance whoever he is.
No, I don't think either of the lads have...but I've a fair idea who you might be from the information presented here. You would well know that I wasn't there that night because I was at anger management classes...followed by yoga...then meditating for a couple of hours.

garrett said...
absolute gold!!
It's brilliant mate...you can teach me a few moves.

Barry Oglesby said...

Can you please direct me to the forum that this is all going down on?

Will Heffernan said...

No Barry...you stay out of this.

You are going to be training me for this fight so you have more important things to worry about.

Kira said...

You're such a shit-stirrer!

Given your refined inter-personal skills I'm surprised it's taken you this long to be challenged.

My Birthday's on June 15th :) hopefully I'll be in Thailand training, eating mangoes and getting long massages . . . so make sure you video the fight and post it up on the blog so I can watch it when I get back.


And I'm really looking forward to anything you've got to say about conditioning fighters.

Good luck with your fight training.

Cheers.

Barry Oglesby said...

Well you go to bed on a Monday and wake up on a Tuesday and overnight, you're employed as a coach.

What a land of opportunity Ireland is.

Anonymous said...

If your hands are ANYWHERE as dangerous as Chops, Carl is in BIIIG trouble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuzIIeh7rqk

Anonymous said...

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest with no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? If Carl dies in the middle of an MMA match, and hundreds of people are around to watch, does anyone feel sad?

The answer is no.

Will Heffernan said...

Kira said...
You're such a shit-stirrer!
Correct.
Given your refined inter-personal skills I'm surprised it's taken you this long to be challenged.
I know you'll be surprised to hear this but it isn't exactly the first time that I've been challenged to a fight...it isn't even the first time I've fought two guys at once.

My Birthday's on June 15th :) hopefully I'll be in Thailand training, eating mangoes and getting long massages . . . so make sure you video the fight and post it up on the blog so I can watch it when I get back.
Love Thailand...been there a lot over the years. It will definitely be recorded don't worry about that.

And I'm really looking forward to anything you've got to say about conditioning fighters.
So am I.

Good luck with your fight training.
Thanks...looking forward to it.

Barry Oglesby said...
Well you go to bed on a Monday and wake up on a Tuesday and overnight, you're employed as a coach.

What a land of opportunity Ireland is.
You'll be able to tell people that you coached a national title holder...multiple state title winning...world junior championship representative...pity none of those were in anything 'fight' related...that doesn't matter on the internet though.

Anonymous said...
If your hands are ANYWHERE as dangerous as Chops, Carl is in BIIIG trouble!
Chops couldn't knock the skin off a custard.

Anonymous said...
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest with no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? If Carl dies in the middle of an MMA match, and hundreds of people are around to watch, does anyone feel sad?

The answer is no.
Now you are just being spiteful.

garrett said...

will whats your fight name ?

Will Heffernan said...

garrett said...
will whats your fight name?
Orca...the killer whale.