Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More on the testing

I want to say well done to a few people in no particular order:

Firstly...well done to Mark 'Sextoy' Sexton...when he started training in the gym this year he was a hideous fat mess...he was wider across the arse than across the shoulders...he was basically a fat cow.

When he last did his rowing test back on the 26th of June he did the following:
182m, 169m, 156m, 141m, 130m, 138m for a 916m total.

Yesterday he went:
182m, 179m, 165m, 156m, 161m, 158m for a 1001m total.

He pretty much hit all his targets on all the rest of his testing...I also want to say well to Fanj who tested after Sextoy and preceded to beat all Sextoy's results by whatever the bare minimum was to once again show every one just what sort of guy he is....unfortunately though for Fanj when I put all the results into the spreadsheet to work out the bodyweight relative scores Sextoy beat him in everything.

I also want to say well done to Paddington who after a 3 year taper managed to prove that age and clinical obesity are no impediment to outstanding sports performance.

Paddington is all over these Pull Ups previously in training...and yes...he did ask if he could use the band in testing.

I have to quickly go and do some more work but will do a bigger update this evening.

8 comments:

Hugh said...

Howdy?

What score did I get on my chins. I did 16 reps I think but am pretty sure that you won't give me the last one. So, 15 was it or are you going to find further fault? (Please don't)

Will Heffernan said...

Yes, you got 15...you missed the last one.

Hugh said...

Thanks. I'll take it considering I couldn't do 1 until August. Now onwards and upwards to get the 25!!

Will Heffernan said...

Hugh said...
Thanks. I'll take it considering I couldn't do 1 until August. Now onwards and upwards to get the 25!!

If I had more girls like you it'd be easy to get all of them to do 12 chins and 12 weeks so I could be a proper strength coach.

João Mimoso said...

Can you reply to my e-mail,Will? I need your opinion on something

Thanks...and welcome back

Hugh said...

I'm interested in how you have correlated all the testing data and what results you are looking for specifically (top range, bottom range etc.).
I guess bodyweight is one factor but what are the others, if any that you used?
Is it fair to say that bodyweight will have more relevance to some of the results over others?

fanj said...

how can u say marks scores were better when i beat him in the bodyweight tests and in bench by 2.5kg that is the only one u hav a case in sayin he did better! so explain how u worked out your findings?

Will Heffernan said...

João Mimoso said...
Can you reply to my e-mail,Will? I need your opinion on something
I think I did this.

Thanks...and welcome back.
I actually never went away...I should actually get everyone who was emailing in the last week saying where the hell is my program to post a comment but I think it would actually crash the interweb.

Hugh said...

I'm interested in how you have correlated all the testing data and what results you are looking for specifically (top range, bottom range etc.).
I'm almost done...I'd be happy to go through it with you. It's more a matter of weeding out those that haven't hit their targets and kicking them in the hole.

I guess bodyweight is one factor but what are the others, if any that you used?
I'll go through this...I might pick a few guys out and use them as examples....just leave out the names to protect the innocent and incompetent.

Is it fair to say that bodyweight will have more relevance to some of the results over others?
That would be more than fair.

fanj said...

how can u say marks scores were better when i beat him in the bodyweight tests and in bench by 2.5kg that is the only one u hav a case in sayin he did better! so explain how u worked out your findings?
He weighs 92kg's and you weigh 100kg's....think about it retard.