Sunday, August 24, 2008

Long time no blog...

...and that doesn't look like changing in the near future.

I thought I'd post something a little different today.

This is from the other day and thought some might find it interesting as I've had a few emails about what testing I do outside of the gym.

Well this is one of those tests.


Phosphate Decrement Test (PDT)

What I'm looking for from this testing is the fastest PDT, slowest PDT, mean PDT, the fastest PDT compared with their best 40m sprint time and their percentage of fatigue.

M. COOPER
5.64
5.64
5.69
5.79
5.88
5.94
6.00
6.05
6.10
6.27

SPRINT
5.59
5.62
5.63

EFFORT - 0.99
%FATIGUE - 11.13

N. COOPER
5.65
5.67
5.90
6.14
6.18
6.20
6.23
6.33
6.45
6.63

SPRINT
5.52
5.67
5.71

EFFORT - 0.98
FATIGUE - 17.34

D. FARRELL
6.12
6.19
6.29
6.37
6.55
6.60
6.67
6.68
6.70
6.83

SPRINT
5.96
6.12
6.16

EFFORT - 0.96
FATIGUE - 11.56

Comparing the 40m standing sprint time with the fastest decrement repeat gives a good indication of the effort made by each athlete in the first repeats of the
PDT. By dividing the athlete 40m sprint time by the fastest repetition of the PDT (Stand 40m Time/PDT Fastest)x 100 will give a percentage value. This value should be <97%. Percentage fatigue gives an indication of how much the player fatigued or dropped off
over the 10 repeats. This is expressed as a percentage and is obtained by:
((PDT Slowest - PDT Fastest)/PDT Fastest) x 100. The mean PDT is simply the average of all 10 repeats.

I will post all the data that corresponds with this video as soon as I get a chance to go through it all...it is one of the many things that I should be doing rather than blogging.

If anyone in Ireland particularly is interested in having their team or teams properly tested drop me an email. This includes the speed, power, agility and fitness testing....this is just one of many tests. I'll post some more of the tests when I get the chance...like I said...I need a full time videographer to follow me around but I'll make an effort to to show more of the testing

2 comments:

Kira said...

I didn't understand this test. Can you simplify your explanation for us slow learners :)

After taking this test, what does it show you? And what do you do with the information you've learned?

Anonymous said...

Will there is a serious image right violation in the use of this footage but we will be willing to overlook this if you can tell us what it all means? How does this test compare to the original 'Bleep test' or the '150m shuttle' test? Some players who I would have considered amongst the fittest in the squad seem to have higher rates of fatigue. Does this directly correlate to less cv capacity. I'm sure some players will do the test wth bodies not fully recovered or at least different rates of recovery from previous individual activity.I presume this could impact on results. Then you have those coming back from injury, while personally, I was delighted to get through it, I was waiting for the sniper's bullet,which i feel affected my willingness to fully extend(best excuse I can come up with). Nonetheless look forward to doing my next one to compare. But a greater understanding of the test will help too. So if you know of coach who can tell me please forward details!!! DF