Friday, August 8, 2008

I've never seen anyone so excited to do blast strap rows...


Poison was definitely getting his pump on....at the end of a long session...Conor was looking on and couldn't believe the levels of intensity that Poison was displaying.

Great morning in the gym a group of the lads did the following session:

Warm Up & Mobility Work
Push Press/Jerk - 3x5, 5x2
Trap Bar Deadlift – 3x8, 3x4, 3x2
Elevated Split Squats – 4x12
Standing Ab Pull Downs – 5x12
Bench Press – 3x8, 3x4, 3x2
Blast Strap Inverted Rows – 5x12
Lo-Hi Wood Choppers – 2x12 each side

I think it only took 3 or 4 hours.


Rammer was putting a swiss ball to some use...he is mastering his Jedi powers.

What he was actually doing was neck bridges...a straight bridge then controlled flexion and extension followed by lateral work.


After a 30 second bridge he did some flexion and extension.


The some lateral work...I'm sure you get the idea.


120kg attempted batten twirl...he'd be such a hot cheerleader now he's lost his muffin tops.

I posted a vid of me crapping on/coaching some clients and athletes on the bench. So I thought I would post a vid of Lisa's first set.

Throwing this up just for interests sake. Also so we can see where she gets to in 1-3 months.

7 comments:

Athletic Performance Plus said...

Where did you get your blast straps from, i've been looking for a set but don't want to pay a fortune for them!

Will Heffernan said...

I actually got them in the US years ago. I got them from EliteFTS if that's any help.

lylemcd said...

"I think it only took 3 or 4 hours"

Dont you know that workouts can only be 45 minutes or less? Any longer and testosterone drops and the athletes muscles fall off.

I read it on the internet so it has to be true.

Lyle

Will Heffernan said...

lylemcd said...
"I think it only took 3 or 4 hours"

Dont you know that workouts can only be 45 minutes or less?
Their warm up took about 45 minutes. I'll cut that down a little and do one set of bench and one set of bicep curls.
Any longer and testosterone drops and the athletes muscles fall off.
From the look of Poisons inverted rows it doesn't appear low testosterone is an issue.

I read it on the internet so it has to be true.
Well I've read that I'm an a-hole...and I really can't argue that.

Lyle

Gus said...

How the Hell did Chops do that and Not manage to kill himself??

Michael Sullivan said...

Blogger Will Heffernan said...

I actually got them in the US years ago. I got them from EliteFTS if that's any help.

August 8, 2008 3:34 PM


You got them www.sullyismyhero.com

You need are taller rack for Chops to press in or you could just make his legs shorter.

Matt said...

You need more video. I'm still skeptical that you train athletes.