Saturday, July 19, 2008

You'll be happy to know that I'm injured

I was training last night...I know I know...what was I thinking. Any way I benched some and then pull upped some and was going to squat some...warmed up..thought all was good. Walked the bar out of the rack and basically almost passed out and quickly re racked the bar and sat down. I thought I just had some sort of lat caramp...something happened to my back...but it wasn't my back. Anyway to cut a long story short...I went home from work last night in pain and woke up this morning feeling like I had been smashed in the ribs with a baseball bat...I just thought I'd share that with you...it may just be the weirdest injury I think I have ever had.

The Fatathon Continues

These guys shirts were actually light blue and light grey when they started their session.

Can't wait for the weigh in on Monday to see how the guys went with their two week fat loss cycle. I think the changes in the guys are pretty visible even if they disagree...I think in the coming weeks the lads will be breaking out the wife beaters and belly tops.


The last time a vein was spotted on this guy was when he had surgery.

The way their weeks have worked is as I said before...2 pure strength days, 2 strength/conditioning days and a pure conditioning day.

Today though Johnny and Dave (who is definitely not part of the fatathon) had a good session. Their workout was as follows:

Shoulder Prehab Work

They say you can't be too rich or too thin. I prefer...you can't be too jakt or have too good a shoulder health.
Bench Press - 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1. If Johnny and or Dave read this maybe they can put the escalation in the comments section.
Strict DB Row - 3x15
Band Face Pulls - 5x8
Heavy Ab Pull Downs - 3x20
45 degree Back Extensions - 3x20

The other lads were outside doing a speed and agility circuit.

2 comments:

Adrienl said...

hi will
sorry to hear about the injury, though i have found that injuries without an obvious source go away quickly, so hopefully you'll be fighting fit soon.
Also thanks for answering those q's in the comment section they got me thinking in a good way
cheers

Anonymous said...

Hey Will would you mind describing or even better posting a video of the shoulder health exercise pictured?