Monday, June 2, 2008

It is actually starting to feel like summer now

Nothing like rowing on a see of asphalt to brighten your day.



















A photo of the two things I love...no...not that idiot...my bike and my CII's.

Andy Smyth tested today...Andy had been struggling to put weight on for ages...any way...I won't go on...here are the results:

Weight:
Previous - 93.4kgs Today - 100.7kg
Body Fat:
Previous - 19.0% Today- 20.1%
Bench:
Previous - 125kg Now - 135kg
Pull Ups:
Previous - 12 reps Now - 10 reps
Push Ups:
Previous - 45 reps Now - 50 reps
Inverted Rows:
Previous - 13 reps Now - 25 reps
Trap Bar Deadlift:
Today - 200kg

I've just realised how hard it is to search the blog for details...I will find when exactly Andy did his last test...I think this cycle was 6 weeks ago...promise to get back to you on that one.

Good improvement and pretty much as I predicted...here's his program.

Session 1
Warm Up & Mobility Work
Deadlift (3 w/u) 8 3
Reverse Lunges 4 8
Bridging (secs) 3 60
1A Incline Bench Press 3 12
1B Chest Supported Rows 3 12
Torque Press 4 8
Chocolate Milk (L) 1 1

Session 2
Warm Up & Mobility Work
Bench Press (3 w/u) 8 5
Push Ups (mini band) 3 15
Side Bridging (30 secs) 6 30
Squats (95kg) 1 100
Seated Leg Curls 3 12
45 deg Back Extensions 5 8
Chocolate Milk (L) 1 1

Session 3
Warm Up & Mobility Work
Chins 5 8
1A Inverted Row 5 12
1B Push Ups 5 12
Roll Outs 5 8
DB Hammer Curls 3 8
Lying Tricep Extensions 3 8
Chocolate Milk (L) 1 1

Others tested as well but they were all testing for the first time so when they test next I'll give you the details.

8 comments:

Sami said...

I've just realised how hard it is to search the blog for details...
Exactly :-) I have yet to find the answer to my box squat question.

Will Heffernan said...

That's only because I sent you off looking for something that wasn't there...I did go back a day later and answer your question though.

Anonymous said...

His inverted rows doubled but he lost 2 pullups?

Did you expect that?

mimo said...

Well, the guy gained 7kgs

Will Heffernan said...

His inverted rows doubled but he lost 2 pullups?

Did you expect that?
Actually I expected him to get 8 reps. You should try it...work out what your max is and then next week slap an x-vest on with 15lbs and see how many reps you lose.
I would say that in 6 weeks time when he becomes more accustomed with his body weight he'll be getting 12 again.

Sami said...

Found it, thanks Will. A follow up question, what's your take on pausing on the box? I can't access the 'tube from work, but seem to remember that atleast on that one video which originated my question there was no pause.

Will Heffernan said...

Found it, thanks Will. A follow up question, what's your take on pausing on the box? I can't access the 'tube from work, but seem to remember that atleast on that one video which originated my question there was no pause.
We do both...we 'touch and go' as well as 'pause and go'. You'll see we do the same thing with a lot of our movements...like floor presses...a touch and go or a 2-3 second pause and go.

Sami said...

Okey, thanks for clarification.