Monday, June 23, 2008

Girls...be careful of your ovaries when you do push ups.

I've been laughing all morning...one of my athletes is just back from a training camp...one of her team mates warned her not to do push ups like the boys do because she'd damage her ovaries. That is one of the best ones I've heard in a good while.


James love square dancing...so I thought I'd get him jakt for it.


I'm thinking of inventing a tennis based martial art...James will be my Bruce Lee.

ROK tested today...poor dainty little 16 year old girl that she is...I wasn't expecting much out of her...because as we all know...weight training for girls is bad...and I was scared for the whole session that her ovaries would fall out...luckily she made it through OK and by OK I mean pulled over 1.5 times body weight on the deadlift (almost time to call Chad Waterbury and see if I can get her in the UFC), benched 45 kgs up from 37.5kg, did 52 push ups...that's sternum to hand and elbows locked out...thankfully I think her reproductive organs made it through the test in one piece...this was up from 34 reps last time, 13 inverted rows...up from 0 last time...I think those progressions I blogged about might just work...who'd of thunk it...but still no pull ups...but it was her closest 0 yet.


100kg...I accidentally wrecked the vid of her lifting 110kg...don't tell her because she'll kick my arse.

Not bad since it seems most of her other coaches I think would rather her be at home playing with dolls so she doesn't hurt herself....either that or running miles and miles...to 'get fit'. Sometimes I just don't know what to say.

As an aside I keep getting told on the internet and in emails (I'm thinking of starting another mirror blog just to post my hate mail on...it is way funnier than anything I could actually come up with) that I don't know what I'm doing and that I'm full of it and that none of my athletes are real and that none of them have actually done anything even if they were real...firstly...this will come as big surprise to a lot of athletes...secondly I just thought I better tell you guys in case you take me too seriously and actually try out for yourselves anything that has been blogged here and accidentally get fitter, stronger or leaner and then you'd be left terribly confused and disorientated about how the hell it happened...apparently the people you should really be listening to are faceless cowards who won't even post under their own names that spend 8 hours a day on-line pontificating about training and generally telling and showing everyone how brilliant and witty they are and how crap everyone else is...I just thought it best to inform you...after all...that's what this blog is all about.

2 comments:

Michael Sullivan said...

My nightmares might end if only you were the fake one and the athletes were real instead of the other way around.

If people only knew that you aren't smart enough to make this stuff up.


"As an aside I keep getting told on the internet and in emails (I'm thinking of starting another mirror blog just to post my hate mail on...it is way funnier than anything I could actually come up with) that I don't know what I'm doing and that I'm full of it and that none of my athletes are real and that none of them have actually done anything even if they were real...firstly...this will come as big surprise to a lot of athletes...secondly I just thought I better tell you guys in case you take me too seriously and actually try out for yourselves anything that has been blogged here and accidentally get fitter, stronger or leaner and then you'd be left terribly confused and disorientated about how the hell it happened...apparently the people you should really be listening to are faceless cowards who won't even post under their own names that spend 8 hours a day on-line pontificating about training and generally telling and showing everyone how brilliant and witty they are and how crap everyone else is...I just thought it best to inform you...after all...that's what this blog is all about."

gmoney said...

aye bro, what kinda trainin do ya'll use to get ya push-ups up real good like that? can ya post some video for me? i been tryin real hard to get em up but they're stuck at 40 in 60 seconds and i just dont kno wat to do.