Friday, May 16, 2008

Rough Justice...is that a cool nickname or what?

As per usual...going to post tonight in bits and pieces.



His session:
10 hard 150's with 30 sec recovery
1A Kettlebell Swings - 3 sets of 15 reps
1B Reverse Hypers - 3 sets of 15 repss
Box Jumps - 6 sets of 3 reps with 60 sec recovery
2A Neutral Grip Chins - 8 sets of 5 reps
2B Elevated Push Ups - 8 sets of 10 reps
Torque Press- 3 sets of 8 reps on each side

Short and sweet and and over quick smart.

I want to try and get the 'mirror' blog sorted and put some format to it tonight. Testing day tomorrow.




Rough Justice getting his core on.

The music in the gym at the moment sucks...brand new facility...old crappy radio...I got a brand new ipod and am thinking of getting some sort of speakers for the gym...the words 'ipod dock' has been mentioned...I assume it is something I plug my ipod into. Anyone have any recommendations? Please post links in the comments section so I can work out what the best option is?

GL is away this weekend...however FoS did his row. Below you'll find his splits...I've posted this weeks splits with last weeks beside them.

200m - 40.5, 41.6
400m - 1:20.6, 1:20.4
600m - 2:08.6, 2:12.2
800m - 2:57.3, 2:58.5
1000m - 3:45.4, 3:52.2
200m - 40.7, 47.8
400m - 1:26.0, 1:28.9
600m - 2:13.7, 2:17.3
800m - 3:01.3, 2.58.7
1000m - 3:48.5, 4:03.6
800m - 3:02.7, 3:13.9
600m - 2:56.0, 2.27.0 (thought he had finished as he coasted to the line...but left 3m on the rower to go to finish the interval so made a mess of his time.)
400m this week 600m last week due to user error - 1.21.8, 2:23.9
200m - 38.1, 45.2

Good work mate...2 more of these to go...expect you to go well under 30mins total rowing time on your last week.

Blog Changes
What I have done is set up another blog http://willheffernan-athletes.blogspot.com/ the purpose of which should hopefully become clear very quickly. Anytime I mention a particular athlete I will link to there individual post page...fo example tomorrow Jonathan Molloy is testing and by clicking on the link it will take you to his previous testing results and programs and also any discussion of the training they have undertaken and results.
I'm hoping that there may be some way to make the blog archive alphabetical as well just so it will make it easy to look through the archive for athletes you may be interested in.

I'll leave it at that for today as I know there will be plenty to talk about tomorrow.

6 comments:

HH said...

I dunno what the name of it is but I'll find out. Whatever iPod dock Gibber has is the one you want. He brought it up one of the days last week and it's class. It's got an internal rechargeable battery so it doesn't have to be plugged in all the time, goes up to 11 on the volume dial and comes with a remote so you can stop the likes of Fanj from putting on shit you don't like.

Will Heffernan said...

Your mission if you choose to accept it...is to get details and I'll have one of my minions take my credit card and go get one asap....because it I have to listen to Madonna and Justin one more time I'm going to go postal.

HH said...

Mission accomplished!!!
It's the Bose SoundDock Portable. You can order it online here: http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-entertainment/personal-audio/sounddock-digital-music-systems/sounddock-portable/index.jsp

I'm sure shops have it but I'm not gonna go searching. Perhaps one of you "minions" would be up for it!!

Oh yeah, it's like €410 but in my view (aided by the fact that I'm not paying for it) worth every penny. It's pretty much a portable party!

HH said...

Link got chopped.
http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-entertainment/
personal-audio/sounddock-digital-music-systems/
sounddock-portable/index.jsp

Damian Griffin said...

Is a good way to do it. But this morning I had the iPod jacked into a good set of PC speakers for the same results for less cash. Your chq book your call. The BOSE deck is much cheaper in US !!!!

Ben said...

yep same here, if there is already a sound system in the gym then just hook it up to the auxillary input. a cable will cost a few dollars at the most

i cant do it all the time unfortunately not everyone digs arsis, unearth, darkest hour and the other ridiculous shit ive never grown out of