Friday, May 23, 2008

Homework Weekend





Gus was happily riding the bike when he heard about my body composition video diary...he wasn't happy.





















I am going to make time this weekend to sort out and organise the 'athlete's blog' and get it all up to date regarding testing and programming.

I'm going to do all the testing myself over the weekend...which I'll also have videoed so everyone knows exactly what is expected with regards to testing...I mean technically...rather than performance wise...because I am going to officially suck.

I'm also going to get all the details for my own project sorted ready to commence my 'transformation' (I just want to see if that looked as pathetic in writing as it sounded in my head). Well actually it isn't a 'transformation'...I prefer to call it 'getting in shape'...basically what I want to do is to get down to 8% body fat...I'll cease the dieting and training to that end when we agree that I've made it basically...once I do I want to start a phase to increase my lean muscle mass until I reach 100kg's. I know those numbers seem quite arbitrary...and they are....I chose 8% because it sounds better than 'single digit' and I chose getting back to 100kgs while maintaining single digit body fat...because even as an old man I'd like to take my athletes on and push them to make sure they well and truely put me to shame in the under and over 100kg testing classes which I will straddle like the unkempt, hairy, angry, grumpy and obstinate jakt strength and conditioning coach that I think I am under this hideous layer of fat currently coating me.

So I will post a weekly body composition video update so you can all mock and scorn my progress or lack there of as well and keep tabs on my food and training diary.

Is there anything else that I promised people I'd do that I haven't? Now is a good time to speak up and I will get us all up to date this weekend?


These will be the things that I spend most of my time digesting next week. I'll keep telling you...you should get these...but then again...maybe you should wait and see how it works out for me.

I don't know what will actually make me happier...getting super lean and completely jakt and proving that Lyle is as good as he think he is...or blowing out and getting as big as a house just to annoy him and make him look bad?

13 comments:

Zaf said...

Is there anything else that I promised people I'd do that I haven't? Now is a good time to speak up and I will get us all up to date this weekend?

How do you measure the progress of someone who unable to a single rep on BW squats/bench/chinup/inverted row?

How do you progress someone on the BW exercises without the use of bands?

Zaf said...

Oh and don't forget to put up the target numbers for the new tests.

Anonymous said...

Will,
You mentioned Lyle might be helping you with your diet. Is he, or are you just going to be putting it together yourself with the help of his books?
Also, I'm thinking about trying to drop some body fat over the next month or so and get down to 8 or 9% (currently approx. 11% +/- 1%). Should I do the strength tests now, or weight until I get to my desired weight and body fat, then test? Once I get to 8 or 9% I will be looking to maintain that bf % and weight while trying to increase strength, so was wondering if testing at my desired weight and body fat before starting my strength cycle would be better than testing now when I am heavier. What do you think?
-Andrew

Anonymous said...

Will

What is your timeframe to drop to 8% and then get back up to 100kg??

Thanks

Paul Hall

Will Heffernan said...

Zaf said...

Is there anything else that I promised people I'd do that I haven't? Now is a good time to speak up and I will get us all up to date this weekend?

How do you measure the progress of someone who unable to a single rep on BW squats/bench/chinup/inverted row?

How do you progress someone on the BW exercises without the use of bands?

Oh and don't forget to put up the target numbers for the new tests.
Just wanted to let you know I will cover all these this weekend...just letting you know so you sleep OK tonight.

Will Heffernan said...

Will

What is your timeframe to drop to 8% and then get back up to 100kg??

Thanks

Paul Hall
Lyle is laying out all the details regarding target weights and times as we speak. There's been mention of 20 weeks with regard to getting to 8%...getting back to 100kg will be pretty much unknown till I reach 8% and Lyle puts my new nutrition strategy in place.

Will Heffernan said...

Will,
You mentioned Lyle might be helping you with your diet. Is he, or are you just going to be putting it together yourself with the help of his books?
He is more than just helping me. He's putting it together...and I'm going to re read all the books...slowly this time...and use google to find out what the big words mean as well. He's doing the diet and I'm reading the books so I don't make a mess of his hard work.

Also, I'm thinking about trying to drop some body fat over the next month or so and get down to 8 or 9% (currently approx. 11% +/- 1%). Should I do the strength tests now, or weight until I get to my desired weight and body fat, then test? Once I get to 8 or 9% I will be looking to maintain that bf % and weight while trying to increase strength, so was wondering if testing at my desired weight and body fat before starting my strength cycle would be better than testing now when I am heavier. What do you think?
-Andrew
You should definitely test now...if you're not assessing you're guessing.

Anonymous said...

Glad to here Lyle is doing that for you.

Figured you would say that about the test. I guess my thick head needed to hear it one more time.
Hopefully I'll be able to do the tests early next week.

Hallie said...

Will

Will you be posting the diet on the blog?

Thanks

P

Will Heffernan said...

Will you be posting the diet on the blog?
Yes.

Matt said...

you must have promised your first born to get lyle to help you out!

Will Heffernan said...

Matt,
I still have those photos of him, Shaf and Dan.

Michael Sullivan said...

At 8% body fat you are going to have Fanj's upper body mass(Keira Knightly like) and Tom Platz's lower body. Dude you have massive legs and a more massiver arse.

You will look like a pear or an upside down light bulb.