Saturday, May 10, 2008

Finally...the proper usage of a foam roller

JM is finishing his current cycle of training. He had an easy session today...easy 10mins on the bike then 3 sets of chest supported scap shrugs and scap push ups.

Then his session went as follows:
Bench Press - 5 reps at 60kg, 3 at 100kg we then switch to partial presses and went 140kg for 3, 160kg for 2 and 5 sets of 1 rep at 180kgs



Then we did 3 sets of 12 trap bar shrugs and 3 sets of 12 close grip pull downs.

Then went outside and jumped around on the bouncy castle* they had outside for the 7's carnival at the club as our warm down.

* Some or all of the views presented in the blog may or may not be entirely true...but seriously...there was a bouncy castle outside and I sooooo wanted to get on it.

9 comments:

Artie said...

Manpon press! :)

What do you feel the exact advantage of this is?

And congrats on becoming the #1 guru in Europe overnight! .-)

Will Heffernan said...

Manpon press! :)
I like it...the name that is.
What do you feel the exact advantage of this is?
The same advantage as board pressing basically.
Or is what you are asking me...what do I think the benefits of the manpon/board press are?

And congrats on becoming the #1 guru in Europe overnight! .-)
Why would you be so cruel as to say that?

Artie said...

Yes, I came up with the name (translation: stole it from Dave Tate @ EFS). My question is the difference between the board and the foam. That little give. Just more comfortable?

Just kidding with the last part.

Will Heffernan said...

Yes, I came up with the name (translation: stole it from Dave Tate @ EFS).
We were just talking about Dave today during training.
My question is the difference between the board and the foam. That little give. Just more comfortable?
Absolutely. I prefer the feel of it...the bar to foam bit that is rather than being more comfortable because that would be very ghey.
Just kidding with the last part.
Don't worry...I wish I was a guru...I'd make more money that way. Maybe if everyone who reads the blog would send me €10 a month...well I'd have €50...that would almost pay for the petrol for my bike.

Where are you from Artie...city would suffice and how did you find the blog?

Artie said...

I'm Hungarian. Probably Lyle's forum.

Will Heffernan said...

Artie,
Don't worry about it...I won't hold the fact that you post at Lyle's forum against you.

october_red said...

I would like to see more video of the cute chick shown here.

Thanks!

-Alex

Will Heffernan said...

I can't tell which hot chick that is...as that one comes a a three pack...triplets....some trainers have all the luck...I hate when they make you decide each week who has the best arse....sometimes my job is really hard.

Denise said...

It should be obvious which one it is..even though we are identical there is always a hotter one!