Monday, May 26, 2008

The Fat Attack...5.30pm today the war on fatness begins.

Firstly, I'm not going to type out all the details of my diet...if you want to know that then buy the book...as I said at the outset...I specifically wanted to put this blog up not to lecture or to provide 'article' type information because there is heaps of that out there and as anyone who has been reading this blog knows...it's written by much better writers than myself. Instead this blog is about what is 'actually' done...well that is what my own personal project is about...I'm not giving you guys all the background...I'm just going to keep my food and training diary and give you an update regarding my weight and a visual video update weekly and you can all judge for yourselves how it is going.

You'll find all the details here. For those that are interested...as I said this blog isn't going to be 'about' me so I won't be putting my own updates here...it will only be in the other blog.

So you can check out to see what a fat mess I am this evening when I update this blog and the other.

3 comments:

StopCock said...

firstly, best of luck with the progam, I look forward to seeing the results.

Secondly, a question. Whats your opinion on training twice daily on certain days of the week?

for the last year I've been training 3/4 days a week and seen great results but I need to get in a certain shape (lose some fat gain some muscle) in a short period so I've begun training 6 times a week with 2 rest days. I train Monday/Tues/Wed/Fri and Sat, with a double day on Fri, early morning and early evening. Forty mins cardio 3 times a week, one of which is always early friday, I lift every single training day but theyre splits across the body... Do you think I am over doing it? How can an athlete tells when the amount of time spent in the gym is going to negetively affect future performance?... People are telling me its unhealthy but people say a lot of things in the gym!

Will Heffernan said...

firstly, best of luck with the progam, I look forward to seeing the results.
I hope you mean my testing results and not video diary...because you looking forward to seeing those results would seem a little homo...not that there's anything wrong with that?

Secondly, a question. Whats your opinion on training twice daily on certain days of the week?
My opinion is that it is good...my whole sporting career for what it was...was built on 2 a days...it is really just dependent on your ability to recover.

for the last year I've been training 3/4 days a week and seen great results but I need to get in a certain shape (lose some fat gain some muscle) in a short period so I've begun training 6 times a week with 2 rest days. I train Monday/Tues/Wed/Fri and Sat, with a double day on Fri, early morning and early evening. Forty mins cardio 3 times a week, one of which is always early friday, I lift every single training day but theyre splits across the body... Do you think I am over doing it?
No. I think over training is largely over hyped. Really within limits there is just no such thing as over training...just under recovering.
How can an athlete tells when the amount of time spent in the gym is going to negetively affect future performance?... People are telling me its unhealthy but people say a lot of things in the gym!
Have you seen what 'people' look like and perform like? Are you losing fat? Are you getting stronger? Which one is most important to you?

StopCock said...

dont worry re: your results. its nothing to do with the aesthetics, Im interested in the science!

Thanks for the info.